|Post Name||UPSC CDS Exam-II 339 Vacancy 2022|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Combined Defence Service Exam (II) 2022– 339 Posts|
UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 – Apply Online for 339 Vacancy | Latest Central Govt Jobs : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites online applications for conducting Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam-II 2022. Interested Candidates fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria can Apply Online.
UPSC CDS Exam-II Job Openings 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||22|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad|
(Pre-Flying) Training Course
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)|
118th SSC (Men)
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) |
32nd SSC Women
Educational Qualification for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University / Institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
Important Dates for UPSC CDS Exam-II Vacancy 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
- Online Application starts from 18-05-2022.
- Last date to Apply Online is 07-06-2022 till 1800 hrs.
- Last date to pay Online Application fees by Cash is 06-06-2022 till 2359 hrs.
- Last date to pay Online Application fees through Online is 07-06-2022 till 1800 hrs.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from 14-06-2022 to 20-06-2022 till 1800 hrs.
- Exam will be conducted on 04-09-2022.
Age Limit for UPSC CDS Exam-II Jobs 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
- Minimum age to apply is 20 Years as on 01-07-2023.
- Maximum age to apply is 24 Years as on 01-07-2023.
- Only Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1999 and not later than 1st July, 2004 only are eligible.
Application Fee for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
- Application Fees for candidates from General (UR) is Rs. 200/-
- Application Fees exempted for candidates from SC / ST & Female candidates.
- The payment can be made by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa / MasterCard / Rupay Credit / Debit Card.
Selection Process for UPSC CDS Exam-II Notification 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the Written Examination / Interview.
Important Links for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
Scheme of Examination for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
- The Competitive examination comprises:
(a) Written examination.
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy
|Sl. No||Subjects||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|3||Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy
|Sl. No||Subjects||Time Duration||Maximum Marks|
|2||General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission tothe Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
Syllabus for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
ENGLISH (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03) ARITHMETIC 18
Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables. ALGEBRA Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres. STATISTICS Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:- (a) Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT. (b) Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. 19 The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage. The various tests of IO, GTO and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
Contact Address for for UPSC CDS Exam-II Recruitment 2022 | Latest Central Govt Jobs
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110069, Facilitation Counter : 011-23098543 / 23385271 / 23381125 / 23098591, Email : [email protected]
About Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
The Union Public Service Commission commonly abbreviated as UPSC is India’s premier central recruiting agency for public servants. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion, and disciplinary matters. The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.